One to two candidates are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Social Work Internship. Interns start their training program in August, or the beginning of the academic year at Arizona State University.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by May 15 for the fall semester.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Official transcripts of all college and university credits
- Three letters of recommendation (letters may be submitted as part of the online application; letters completed offline must be received in a signed, sealed envelope)
- A representative sample of your written work
- A statement of your professional goals (one-page maximum)
Send these required materials in one envelope to:
- Judy A. Cimochowski
- Education Coordinator
13400 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the internship instructor. An interview can be arranged only when you have completed steps 1 and 2 and your application file is complete.
- Acceptance. When appointment letters are mailed, your reply is requested within one week. Your appointment to the internship depends upon successful completion of the health review and background check.
Jan. 13, 2016