How to apply
The program currently begins in August and is 21 months long.
The next admissions window opens Nov. 1, 2018 and extends through Feb. 1, 2019. Applicants accepted for the next admission cycle will begin the program June 2019. All applicants who apply to the program in future years will begin the program in June and graduate in December the following year.
Applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1 for classes beginning the following June.
Any updates or changes to the published information that affect applicants for the next class are made on this website before the application window opens. Please have this page available as you complete the online application as these directions are specific to the Radiography Program.
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Health Professions (BSHP) degree option at the University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) should complete the UMR application for admission. BSHP students are jointly admitted to UMR and Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences and do not need to apply separately for admission to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
Students pursuing the certificate option or students pursuing bachelor's degrees at Minot State University (MSU), Mount Marty College (MMC), Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC), St. Cloud State University (SCSU), Saint Mary's University (SMU), University of Mary (UMary), or University of Sioux Falls (USF) should refer to the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences application instructions below. If you wish to be considered for a priority interview, your application and supporting documentation must be received by Jan. 4, 2019.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account in ApplyYourself, sign in and select Application for Admission (not Lite Application).
Within the application system, upload an application essay. The essay should be 300 to 500 words. Please keep in mind that the essay should reflect your qualifications and interest in the program.
Submit the nonrefundable $50 application fee payable by credit card via the online application.
- Supporting documentation. You must also submit these documents, postmarked by Feb. 1:
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, at their own expense, for a personal interview with admissions committee members. Applicants who live more than 300 miles from Rochester may have the option of interviewing via webcam; please contact the program for information regarding this option.
- All appointment letters are emailed by the end of March. Your reply is required within seven business days.
- Students who accept appointment into the Radiography Program must return the signed acceptance letter along with a $250 nonrefundable matriculation fee. These funds are applied to summer tuition. Certificate-option, MSU, MMC, RCTC, SCSU, SMU, UMary, and USF students return the letter and matriculation fee to Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, while UMR students return the letter to UMR.
- Appointment to the program is contingent upon successful completion of the occupational health review and background checks (federal and Minnesota). Students are responsible for the associated fee required to complete these requirements.
- Enrolled students are required to be covered in a medical insurance plan throughout their educational program at Mayo Clinic. Students who do not have health care coverage should purchase a policy from an agency or company of their choice. Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences does not endorse any particular plan or provider.
- Incomplete applications or applications postmarked or electronically submitted outside of the November to February time frame may not be processed.
- Program information and application materials are updated each year and therefore are not valid for subsequent applications.
May 05, 2018