How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be submitted between Nov. 1 and Feb. 1 for classes beginning the following August.
Any updates or changes to the published information that affect applicants for the next class are made on this website before the application window opens. Please have this page available as you complete the online application as these directions are specific to the Radiography Program.
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Health Professions (BSHP) degree option at the University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) should complete the UMR application for admission. BSHP students are jointly admitted to UMR and Mayo School of Health Sciences and do not need to apply separately for admission to Mayo School of Health Sciences.
Students pursuing the certificate option or students pursuing bachelor's degrees at Minot State University (MSU), Mount Marty College (MMC), St. Cloud State University (SCSU), St. Mary's University (SMU), or University of Sioux Falls (USF) should refer to the Mayo School of Health Sciences application instructions below. If you wish to be considered for a priority interview, your application and supporting documentation must be received by Jan. 4, 2017.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you create an account or log in, please select Application for Admission.
Complete the essay question, "Why do you want to be in this program and career? Describe how you became interested in the profession, any experiences you've had to learn more about the career, and what personal qualities you possess that are relevant." The essay should be between 300 and 500 words in length.
Submit the nonrefundable $50 application fee payable by credit card via the online application.
- Supporting documentation. You must also submit these documents, postmarked by Feb. 1:
An official transcript from every college and university you've attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to Mayo School of Health Sciences from each educational institution. Transcripts marked "issued to student" are not accepted.
Please have transcripts sent to:
- Radiography Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Room 1119
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are invited to Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, at their own expense, for a personal interview with admissions committee members. Applicants who live more than 300 miles from Rochester may have the option of interviewing via webcam; please contact the program for information regarding this option.
- Appointment letters are mailed within two weeks of your interview date. If you receive an appointment letter, your reply is expected within one week.
- Students who accept appointment into the Radiography Program must return the signed acceptance letter along with a $250 nonrefundable matriculation fee. These funds are applied to fall tuition. Certificate-option, MSU, MMC, SCSU, SMU and USF students return the letter and matriculation fee to Mayo School of Health Sciences, while UMR students return the letter to UMR.
- Your appointment to the program is contingent upon successful completion of the occupational health review, physical examination and background check. You are responsible for the associated fees required to complete these requirements.
- Enrolled students are required to be covered in a medical insurance plan throughout their educational program at Mayo Clinic. Students who don't have health care coverage should purchase a policy from an agency or company of their choice. Mayo School of Health Sciences does not endorse any particular plan or provider.
- Incomplete applications or applications postmarked or electronically submitted outside of the November to February time frame may not be processed.
- Program information and application materials are updated each year and therefore are not valid for subsequent applications.
Feb. 19, 2016