To apply to the Radiography Internship at Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences in Arizona, see the Medical Radiography Program application and information packet for the prerequisites required by GateWay Community College. Request Mayo Clinic as your clinical site by checking the appropriate box on the application. Admission is subject to availability and placement policies.
In addition to meeting general standards, radiographers must be able to:
- Lift more than 50 pounds routinely
- Work with their arms above their heads routinely
- Push and pull, bend and stoop, and kneel or squat routinely
- Work standing 80 percent of the time
- Work compassionately with patients
- Help patients on and off the X-ray equipment from wheelchairs or carts
- Effectively write and speak to patients and staff
- Hear and see clearly
- Accurately align the patient, X-ray equipment and film
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Organize and accurately perform the individual steps in X-ray examinations in the proper sequence
- Work nights, weekends and holidays
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
April 07, 2016