To be eligible for admission to the Nursing Clinical Education Program at Mayo Clinic, you must be:
- Enrolled in an accredited nursing program at an affiliated college or university
- In good academic standing at the affiliated college or university
For the protection of patients, students and employees, and in compliance with state regulations, Mayo Clinic requires students to be properly vaccinated. You must show proof of the following vaccinations before you begin a program at Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences:
- Tuberculin test in the past six months
- Varicella, rubella and rubeola immunity
- Up-to-date diphtheria and tetanus shots
- Hepatitis B vaccination or signed declaration
Documentation of vaccinations must be provided to the program director for Nursing Academic Affairs at Mayo Clinic.
Prospective nursing students will undergo a health review at their home institution and have the opportunity to update or receive the required tests and vaccinations cited above as necessary before beginning clinical experiences at Mayo Clinic.
See further Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
Dec. 18, 2014