To be eligible to apply for the Mayo School of Health Sciences Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Fellowship, applicants must:
- Have graduated, or will graduate by July of the fellowship start date, from an accredited nurse practitioner program. Preference is given to graduates of an adult-gerontology acute care specialty program.
- Have at least one year of work experience as an RN or NP in a critical care, interventional cardiology or telemetry area.
- Submit a copy of a current RN license and verification of license eligibility in the state of Arizona prior to the start of the fellowship in October.
- Submit a copy of a current NP license or temporary license eligibility in the state of Arizona prior to the start of the fellowship in October.
- Submit verification of board certification or eligibility as an adult-gerontology acute care specialty nurse practitioner prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Submit a copy of current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification.
- Submit official transcripts from a baccalaureate nursing and master's or doctorate NP program sent directly from the nursing schools. Unofficial copies sent from the schools may be submitted if the program is not completed at the time of application.
- Submit a copy of curriculum vitae.
- Submit three letters of recommendation using the online application system. Recommendations should be referred by clinical preceptors or mentors working closely with the applicant in cardiovascular areas.
- Submit a statement of intent (maximum of 300 words) describing:
- Your past cardiovascular experiences
- How the fellowship will further develop your career goals in a cardiovascular field
Application and admissions timeline
|Call for applications
||Nov. 1, 2016
||Jan. 15, 2017
|Candidates selected for interviews and notified
||End of January 2017
||March 13, 2017
||End of March 2017
|Fellowship start date
||First Tuesday in October
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for an interview may complete a phone interview, although an in-person interview is strongly encouraged to meet the faculty and tour the facilities.
Applicants are selected based on grades, work experiences, ethics, leadership qualities and commitment to continue career goals working in a cardiovascular area after completing the fellowship.
Non-U.S. citizen applicants
See the Mayo School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicants policy.
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
Oct. 04, 2016