Each year, Mayo School of Health Sciences has two full-time nurse-midwife student positions available on a competitive basis at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
Submit an application and all supporting documentation as soon as possible but at least six months prior to your desired time frame of the year you wish to begin classes. Clinical rotations might include a September or January start if on the traditional college semester tracks, though other times are accommodated for students on nontraditional tracks.
How to apply
Once you and your college have identified Mayo as an appropriate site for your clinicals, you may apply online to the Nurse-Midwifery Clinical Rotations Program. In most instances, appointment to the program is made within two to six months, though the time frame can vary depending upon affiliation-agreement status.
- Discuss with adviser. Discuss participation in the clinicals with your nursing program adviser.
- Online application. Complete the online Lite Application. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Lite Application. Upload your goal statement into the online application.
Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Official transcript of master's, doctorate or bachelor's credits
- Three letters of professional and academic recommendation (if not submitted electronically)
Send these materials to:
Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment may be invited for a personal interview or phone call. If there are several applicants, a panel interview also may be included.
Acceptance. You are notified when your appointment has been accepted, normally between two and six months before your desired rotation time.
- Nurse-Midwifery Clinical Rotations Program
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Feb. 27, 2015