Each year, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences accepts up to 26 students in its Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) Program at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, on a competitive basis.
Classes begin in mid-July. The traditional program is completed 42 months later in mid-January.
How to apply
The electronic application opens on or around July 15 the year prior to enrollment.
Your electronic application and all supporting documentation must be submitted and postmarked no later than Sept. 1. Send via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) for admission to the classes beginning in July of the following year.
Please follow these steps:
Application materials. Submit these materials:
- Application Checklist and Supplemental Information.
- Completed online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission.
- Official transcripts of all college or university credits (sealed in the school's envelope).
- Three complete references (in unopened signed envelopes), including:
- An academic reference
- A work-related reference from a physician who knows your ICU capabilities (not a resident or fellow)
- A reference from your current nurse manager
- ApplyYourself electronic references are not acceptable; hard copy narrative references are required.
- Copies of all current nursing license verifications of status in all states in which you are licensed. Can be obtained from each state's Board of Nursing website.
- Copies of certificates, such as CCRN, ACLS and PALS.
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate.
- Additional supporting information, such as advanced nursing specialty certification, awards, publications and honors.
- Responses to ApplyYourself essay questions (posted annually) and the DNAP Entry into Practice essay question on the above application checklist.
- A nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card through the ApplyYourself website.
- A copy of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (the official copy should be sent directly to the program office). Mayo's GRE code: 5784.
Send the required materials listed above in one envelope via trackable shipping (for example, FedEx or UPS) to:
- Interviews. Applicants selected as preliminary candidates are notified in early October. If you are considered for an appointment, you are asked to visit Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester (at your own expense) for a personal behavioral interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are held on specific days in early November. Final candidates for the program are selected after all interviews are completed.
- Acceptance. Appointments are made by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences. Appointment letters are mailed by early December. Your reply is required by mid-December. Payment of a $250 (subject to change) nonrefundable slot-retention fee is required upon acceptance into the program.
Sept. 06, 2017