Students enrolled at Santa Fe College are eligible to apply for the six-week Echocardiography Internship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. Contact the program's clinical coordinator to make arrangements for clinical rotations.
In addition to general standards, the Echocardiography Internship requires these physical abilities:
- Lift more than 50 pounds routinely
- Push and pull routinely
- Bend and stoop routinely
- Kneel or squat routinely
- Have full use of both hands and wrists
- Adequately view echocardiography images, including color distinctions
- Distinguish audible Doppler signals
- Work standing 80 percent of the time
- Care for and communicate effectively with patients
- Assist patients on and off examining tables
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Accurately perform the sequential steps in an echocardiographic examination
Students must be able to perform the essential functions of the profession and meet the standards of the curriculum. To seek exceptions to these standards or reasonable accommodations, students should initiate a request with the program director.
See the Mayo School of Health Sciences international applicants policy.
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
May 05, 2014