Tuition and fees
For 2016-2017, program tuition is $272 per credit. There are 33 credits in the program. The estimated tuition and fees for the full program is $8,976.
Other mandatory expenses
- $50 — dues for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership
- $25 — registration for Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Legislative Day
Total estimated cost of attendance
- $8,976 — tuition and fees
- $75 — other expenses
- $9,051 — total estimated cost of attendance*
*Program tuition rates, fees and related expenses are subject to change. These estimated expenses represent a good faith effort to disclose true costs of attendance.
The intern is responsible for his or her own health insurance.
Living expenses such as housing, transportation and meals are the student's responsibility. These expenses are not paid to the school but are considered for purposes of processing financial aid, where applicable.
Estimated cost of living (Rochester, Minnesota)
- $1,000-1,500 a month — rent and utilities (two-bedroom apartment)
- $250 a month — personal expenses
- $220 a month — food
- $110 a month — transportation
Interns must have access to an automobile, as several community learning experiences require transportation. Interns are responsible for the cost of transportation and must have personal auto liability insurance.
Although outside employment is discouraged, interns may be employed on a supplemental basis as long as:
- It does not interfere with the training program
- Their academic and clinical performance is satisfactory
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences offers financial incentives for students to participate in many of its health sciences training programs. Scholarships, grants and low-interest loans may be available for those who demonstrate financial need.
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Registrar can provide more details about financial aid or incentives offered for the Dietetic Internship.
Withdrawal and tuition refund
See the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science withdrawal and tuition refund policy.
Jan. 31, 2017