There are two ways to enter the Cytotechnology Program:
- You have completed your bachelor's degree and meet the admissions requirements listed below.
- You are a senior at one of our affiliated academic institutions, which have agreed to accept our training as valid fourth-year completion of their bachelor's degrees (3+1 option).
Whichever path you choose, you must receive your bachelor's degree by the time you complete this program.
These prerequisites are required to apply for admission:
- Three years (90 semester or 120 quarter hours) in an affiliated college or university
- Twenty semester (or 30 quarter) hours in biology, biological sciences or both, including courses such as general biology, cell biology, physiology, anatomy, histology, bacteriology, parasitology, zoology, embryology and genetics
- Eight semester (or 12 quarter) hours in chemistry
- Three semester (or four quarter) hours in basic mathematics
- College or university cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, though applicants are not selected based on grades alone
See the Mayo School of Health Sciences international applicants policy.
See further Mayo School of Health Sciences admissions policy information.
March 05, 2015