Three individuals are accepted on a competitive basis each year for the Clinical Pastoral Education Residency. The program begins in early September and continues through August of the following year.
How to apply
Your application and all supporting documentation must be received by April 14.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. After you sign in to the ApplyYourself tool, select Application for Admission (not Lite Application) and complete each section.
- In Section 4 (Employment Information), you will need to upload one document that contains:
- Completed ACPE application
- 8-10 page autobiographical statement
- Description of your spiritual growth and development
- Description of your work (vocational) history
- An account of a "helping incident" in which you were the person who provided the help
- Your impressions of clinical pastoral education
- In Section 7 (Essay), you will need to upload one document that contains:
- A current resume
- Copies of all self and supervisor evaluations from any previously completed clinical pastoral education program(s)
- Note: Applications can only be submitted during the open application window, through April 14.
- Interviews and acceptance. The selection committee carefully reviews each application and the accompanying documentation. Individuals considered for an appointment are interviewed.
April 08, 2017