Join other diverse Minnesota high school students (sophomores and juniors in the 2016-2017 school year) who are interested in health professions for the weeklong residential Career Immersion Program (CIP) at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, July 9-14, 2017.
Students selected for the program are provided with housing, meals and a travel scholarship from the Twin Cities pickup location.
The program includes:
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Networking with other students
- Student housing in Rochester and an on-site program director
- Tours of Mayo Clinic and the Rochester area
- A glimpse into the University of Minnesota Rochester
- Connect with health sciences professionals
- Gain hands-on exposure to health sciences career opportunities
- Learn the academic path for enrolling in accredited health sciences programs
- Meet current Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences students
- Learn about in-demand careers
How to apply
Apply by Feb. 1, 2017, for this weeklong program.
Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission. Once you create a username and password, make sure you write it down. You can come back to your application multiple times to complete it, so you will need to remember your login information.
Don't forget to click the "Submit" button once you complete your application.
- Supporting documentation. Submit these materials:
- Most current transcript with a cumulative GPA listed
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher (completed online)
Essay (please respond to question No. 4 in the online application)
In one envelope, send any transcripts not sent directly from your school, to:
- Attention: CIP Selection
- Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, 3-04
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Individuals considered for appointment into the program will be contacted for a short interview in early spring.
Dec. 20, 2016