The Audiology Externship faculty consists of:
- David A. Zapala, Ph.D. (vestibular assessment and diagnostics)
- Greta C. Stamper, Au.D., Ph.D. (hearing aids and diagnostics)
- Janet S. Shelfer, Au.D. (hearing aids, diagnostics and tinnitus treatment)
- Terri L. Pratt, Au.D. (diagnostics and cochlear implants)
- Millicent S. Garry, M.S. (cochlear implants and diagnostics)
- Lori C. Shapiro, M.Ed. (diagnostics and tinnitus treatment)
- David A. Walker, Au.D. (hearing aids and diagnostics)
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences faculty members are chosen for their commitment to teaching, as well as clinical practice or research. Many have published and lectured extensively and are highly regarded in their fields. They bring a vast amount of knowledge and experience to share with you.
The Section of Audiology includes 10 people; seven are audiologists. You have direct access to these individuals throughout your training, giving you the opportunity to learn directly from some of today's best practitioners in audiology.
Visiting professors and lecturers
A hallmark of higher education excellence is the breadth and depth of information and experience provided to students by faculty and visiting experts. Many prominent professors visit Mayo Clinic each year to lecture on their areas of medical and scientific expertise.
As a student of Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, you are encouraged to learn from these valuable resources by attending all conferences, lectures and seminars prepared for students, residents, fellows and consulting staff.
Dec. 31, 2014