Note: The Athletic Training Summer Internship at Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences is not available for summer 2017. The program will look to be restructured going forward. If you have any questions, direct them to Chad Eickhoff, program director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two students are selected each summer to participate in Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences athletic training internships. One session begins in June and the other in July.
How to apply
Your application (including essay) and all letters of recommendation must be received electronically by Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences by 11:59 p.m., Feb. 28, of the year you wish to begin classes. Submissions dated March 1 are considered late and not accepted.
- Online application. Complete the online Application for Admission.
Supporting documentation. Submit these required materials electronically (hard copies are not accepted):
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from your athletic training curriculum director)
- An essay that is two to three pages long (double-spaced) with 1-inch margins and 11- to 12-point font
Send your transcript (hard copy is acceptable) to:
Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
Siebens Building, Fifth Floor
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
- Interviews. Applicants considered for an appointment are selected for a phone interview with the internship coordinators and the program director.
- Acceptance. Appointment letters are mailed in late March. Your reply is requested within two weeks. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the health review and background check.
March 02, 2017