The four-year Urology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale provides a well-rounded clinical and research experience, with exposure to all aspects of urology.
This Urology Residency Program is accredited by the ACGME and offers:
- Clinical proficiency in infertility, endourology, laparoscopic urology, neuro-urology and sexual dysfunction.
- Extensive clinical experience with both common and complex urological problems, including t he evaluation and treatment of incontinence, reconstructive surgery, urologic oncology and pediatric urology.
- Comprehensive preparation for a career in clinical practice or academic medicine.
- Close working relationships with focus on one-on-one surgical mentoring.
- A strong didactic curriculum that includes a variety of conferences, lectures and courses
From a research point-of-view, you will generate the key questions that affect urologic practice patterns and develop the ability to answer these questions through carefully performed basic science and clinical research.
When you successfully complete the Urology Residency Program, you will be eligible to take the American Board of Urology certification examination.
The Urology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale was established in 2004. The program will accept its first residents in 2005. Going forward, it is anticipated, that two residents will complete their training in this program annually.