One position is available on a competitive basis each year in the International Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
If you are an international applicant who has completed a general surgery residency in a program that is nonaccredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), you are eligible to apply for this one-year nonaccredited fellowship.
How to apply
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by July 15 of the year preceding the program start date. The academic year begins July 1.
To apply, contact email@example.com.
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include the following application materials:
- Photograph of yourself
- Official medical school transcripts
- A copy of your medical school diploma
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside the United States)
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE) — "dean's letter"
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, ABSITE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- USMLE steps 1, 2 CK and 2 CS (Step 3 is only required if applicants are seeking H-1B sponsorship)
- A program director's letter of recommendation
- At least two other letters of recommendation, in addition to the program director's letter
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are scheduled on a case-by-case basis each year.
June 07, 2017