Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, offers heart, kidney, liver, pancreas and bone marrow transplants through the Transplant Center. Abdominal transplant procedures are performed at Mayo Clinic Hospital in operating rooms that are specially equipped for these complex operations. After each procedure, patients are cared for by staff members experienced in the unique needs of transplant patients.
Mayo Clinic sees outpatients with transplant surgical issues from across the U.S. and around the world, as well as from the large local population. Compassionate care for patients and families, as well as experienced medical and allied health teams, is a hallmark of Mayo Clinic's transplant services.
The Mayo Clinic Division of Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery includes five abdominal surgery transplant team members.
Many prominent professors visit Mayo Clinic each year. They present their work during lectures and participate in hospital rounds. You are encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities.
During the Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship, you have access to these resources and support services:
- Secretarial services for patient care and academic activities
- Computer support for the Internet, literature search, slide creation, database, word processing and email
- Graphic services for slide and poster presentations
- Office and workspace for fellows
- Computerized patient records system that allows immediate access to medical records from any workstation
Feb. 11, 2015