You can enter the Radiation Oncology Residency Program in Rochester after successful completion of one or more years of postgraduate training in a clinical medical field.
General Admissions Requirements
Medical and surgical residencies and fellowships are open to U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. immigrants and international applicants as follows:
- Medical and surgical residencies are open to qualified graduates of accredited U.S. and Canadian medical schools.
- Graduates from medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates to qualify for admission. Information about certification and visa sponsorship, if required, is available from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Mayo supports ECFMG J-1 visa sponsorship for residents enrolled in graduate medical education. Mayo will support an H-1B temporary work visa under the following circumstances:
- When J-1 visa sponsorship is unavailable - that is, the program is not eligible for ECFMG certification or the program is non-ACGME accredited and non-ABMS recognized.
- When a foreign national is a graduate of U.S. medical school.
- When a foreign national holds current H-1B status for graduate medical education at another school.
- When applying, all residency applicants must have their medical school transcripts, together with an original letter from the school's dean, sent from their medical school to MSGME.
- All applicable licensure eligibility requirements must be fulfilled prior to starting a Mayo residency program.
- A pre-admission health review and current immunization record are required prior to starting an MSGME program.
- Prospective residents must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Appointments are confirmed in a formal written letter of appointment from Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education. This letter, a copy of which you will be asked to sign and return, constitutes your formal residency appointment to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
Resident and Fellow Policies