Typically, there are nine positions available in Mayo Clinic's Psychiatry Residency each year on a competitive basis.
Appointments at the PGY-1 level are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Mayo Clinic also considers candidates who are eligible for admission outside the NRMP.
How to apply
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for information on how to apply using ERAS.
Applications for each academic year should be completed by Nov. 15 of the year preceding the program start date.
- To apply to the program, visit the ERAS website. All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials. Also, note that:
- USMLE scores must be provided with the application in order for it to be considered.
- If you are transferring from another training program, one of your letters of recommendation must be from your current program director.
- Appointments for PGY-1 positions are made through the NRMP. All PGY-1 candidates must register through the NRMP website.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during November and December. If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified by email and in a letter mailed to the address provided on their application.
Also see application details:
Oct. 24, 2013