Fellowship Director William A. Carey, M.D., and Associate Fellowship Director Christopher E. Colby, M.D.
Thank you for considering pursuit of your training in neonatal-perinatal medicine at Mayo Clinic. We have a tremendous training program where your education is our top priority.
Our fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine is intended to create leaders in the field of neonatology. Because leadership takes many forms, our curriculum provides formal training in research, teaching, practice administration and policy development. With these skills in hand, our fellows can shape their career goals over the course of their training and tailor their educational experience accordingly.
To achieve these goals, our fellowship:
- Provides a rigorous clinical and didactic experience that prepares fellows to practice in any quaternary-level NICU
- Trains our fellows to use formal improvement methodologies to improve clinical outcomes and increase the value of care processes
- Develops neonatologists with an awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the larger profession of medicine
We are excited that you would consider Mayo Clinic for your neonatal-perinatal medicine fellowship. Our program prepares you for a lifetime of pursuing the science and medicine behind our subspecialty. Your success is our goal.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
- William A. Carey, M.D.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship Director
- Christopher E. Colby, M.D.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship Associate Director
May 27, 2016