In addition to caring for patients in their clinical practices, Mayo Clinic's faculty members are committed to teaching and facilitating the growth of medical knowledge. Many of our faculty have published and lectured extensively and are recognized leaders in their field. You will have direct access to these individuals throughout your training program.
The Division of Orthopedic Surgery in Jacksonville includes 10 physicians with a broad range of expertise.
Many prominent professors visit Mayo Clinic each year. They present their work during noon and/or morning lectures and participate in hospital rounds. You will be encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities.
During your fellowship, you will have access to these resources and support services:
- Teaching files in radiology and pathology.
- Large collection of orthopedic texts in the division's library.
- Secretarial services for patient care and academic activities.
- Computer support for internet, literature searches, slide creation, database searches, word processing and e-mail.
- Graphic services for slide and poster presentations.
- Dedicated office and workspace.
- Computerized patient records system allowing immediate access to medical records from any workstation.