Welcome to Mayo Clinic — we're excited that you've chosen Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, for your residency or fellowship training.
We're looking forward to your arrival and are confident your training will be both enjoyable and educationally rewarding. There are a few tasks you'll need to complete before you arrive for orientation.
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dresses, blouse or shirt, sweater.
Before arriving for orientation
- Complete and return required documents. Required documentation must be scanned and uploaded in MedHub as high-quality, high-resolution PDFs.
- Note: No cellphone pictures will be accepted.
- Complete licensure registration. Complete the registration application for the Florida Board of Medicine or Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine. Direct questions related to licensure to Julie Griffis. Read more.
- Contact Provider Enrollment by April 20.
- If you have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, email it to Florida Provider Enrollment. If you do not know your NPI number, you can look it up by first and last name on the NPI registry.
- If you do not have an NPI number, apply for one using the NPI instructions. When you are assigned an NPI number, email it to Florida Provider Enrollment.
- Note: If you do not have a Social Security number, you cannot apply for an NPI number. Complete these instructions once you have your Social Security number.
- Provider Enrollment will contact you by mid-May to complete additional government provider enrollment applications.
- Complete a health assessment. You must complete an occupational health assessment with a Mayo Clinic occupational health nurse. Read more.
- Have your photo taken. You are required to have your portrait taken before starting your training program. Plan to have this done in conjunction with your occupational health assessment. Read more.
- Obtain life-support certifications. Both Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications are required before orientation. Upload signed copies to MedHub.
- White lab coats. You are encouraged to buy two white lab coats without elastic cuffs that will fit over your formal business attire.
Items to bring to orientation
- Proof of identity (two forms) and employment eligibility. Using these lists of acceptable documentation as guidance, bring two documents that establish identity and at least one that establishes employment authorization.
- Social Security card. If you do not have a Social Security card or your card requires updating due to a name change, contact the Social Security Administration or visit a Social Security office in person. International residents and fellows should wait for instructions from the Legal Department-Immigration Specialist Team before applying for a Social Security card.
- Family members' Social Security numbers. If you plan to enroll your spouse or any dependent family members in your health plan, bring their Social Security numbers.
- Bank account information. As your stipend during your program will be paid by direct deposit, you'll need to provide your bank account number and bank routing number during orientation.
April 12, 2017