Mayo Clinic-provided benefits and insurance programs are available to those appointed to programs at least one year in length.
Resident and fellow educational stipends: 2016-2017 academic year*
||Annual stipend equivalent**
|Graduate Level 1
|Graduate Level 2
|Graduate Level 3
|Graduate Level 4
|Graduate Level 5
|Graduate Level 6
|Graduate Level 7
|Graduate Level 8
|Graduate Level 9
|Graduate Level 10
*Effective July 27, 2016. Annual compensation applies to Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education residents and fellows but does not apply to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. See OMS Stipends.
**Mayo Clinic payroll runs on an every-other-week schedule. The annual amount is only an approximation due to Mayo's payroll structure.
Clinician-investigator trainee stipend progression
Your stipend will continue to progress during the Clinician-Investigator Training Program. Trainees gain two additional years of stipend progression during this training.
Mayo Clinic paid benefits
- Vacation (15 working days a year)
- Short-term disability (sick leave up to three months)
- Paid parental leave (five days)
- Dental assistance plan
- Comprehensive medical care plan
- Voluntary basic life insurance, disability insurance, family life insurance
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Excess personal liability insurance
- Dependent and health care reimbursement accounts
- Adoption reimbursement
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence
- Tax-deferred annuity plans
- Meal subsidy for on-call residents
- Free parking and intercampus bus shuttle
See additional Mayo Clinic benefit highlights.
Services and support groups
Mayo Clinic offers many services to assist residents, fellows and their families during training. Many, but not all, of the services shown are available at Mayo's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota.
- College of Medicine Office for Diversity. For questions or comments regarding diversity and inclusion within the College of Medicine, contact the Office for Diversity at 507-266-2912.
- Mayo Fellows Associations. These organizations are dedicated to maintaining excellence in residency and fellowship education as well as encouraging closer social and professional relationships among members.
- Financial and insurance counseling. Advisers are available to help with personal financial questions.
- Employee Assistance Program. Professional, confidential assistance is provided to address professional or personal problems.
- Employment opportunities. Guidance is available for spouses, partners or significant others interested in employment opportunities.
- Child care referral. Referrals to child care and preschool programs are available.
- Child illness care. Mayo Clinic provides help to care for your ill child.
- Activities programs. Special events and services are offered in four activity areas: social and family, culture, recreation, and education.
- Fitness center (Minnesota campus). For a nominal fee, trainees and their spouses may join the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center. The fitness center includes two campus locations that offer personal exercise consultations and a variety of training programs.
- Alice Mayo Society. The Alice Mayo Society exists to welcome and acquaint spouses, partners and significant others of staff members, residents and medical students with Mayo Clinic and the local area.
April 07, 2016