Join our tradition of excellence
When you choose to train in a residency or fellowship at Mayo Clinic, you become part of the oldest and largest medical training program in the country — a program that has a long-standing tradition of teaching the art and the science of medicine.
The Mayo brothers not only pioneered the development of the integrated group practice of medicine, but also established America's first graduate training program in clinical medicine in 1915, enrolling 71 students in its first year.
Today, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education:
- Has more than 1,500 active residents and fellows in more than 270 individual training programs, covering every medical and surgical specialty, across all Mayo campuses
- Oversees the largest number of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-accredited programs in the country and is the only integrated school of graduate medical education conducted across broad geographic regions
When you complete your residency or fellowship training at Mayo Clinic, you will join more than 23,000 distinguished alumni worldwide, including:
- More than 1,500 medical school faculty in academic medical centers around the world
- Leaders in several international ministries of health
- Current and past leaders in virtually every professional medical organization
Aug. 01, 2014