The Mayo Clinic Libraries' intranet site is available to current staff, students, researchers, health care practitioners and visiting scholars. The home page has easy “click and find” functionality and is designed around a mental model of “I’ll find it myself,” “Send it to me,” “Research it for me,” and “Help me” (see screenshot below).
Download image as Adobe PDF
Each user can customize the home page to personalize lists of electronic journals, electronic books, Web-based resources, and auto-populate forms. The customizable intranet site makes our resources available around the clock from over 40,000 workstations connected to the Mayo Clinic intranet. From the intranet, current Mayo Clinic staff, students, researchers and visiting scholars can:
- Request expert literature searches
- Customize their home page
- Order articles and book chapters for electronic document delivery
- Explore online resources specific to clinicians, grant seekers, educators, medical images or practice management
- Search scholarly and general literature
- Access full-text e-journals and e-books
- Search the entire Mayo Clinic Libraries online catalog
- Request print-based books and journals be sent to their Mayo Clinic address
- "Ask a Librarian"
- Review their library account and renew items online
- Find library tutorials and workshops