Safety and Screening Fund
The Center for Translational Science Activities (CTSA) has funds available to cover study-related safety and screening tests related to projects being conducted in the Clinical Research Unit (CRU).
Deadline: Applications are accepted year-round, so there is no deadline. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
- Principal investigators at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester
- Investigators whose budgets from sponsors have been reduced are particularly encouraged to apply
- Projects must utilize the CRU (Saint Marys, Charlton or Mobile)
- Projects must be supported by federal, foundation or Mayo Clinic funding
- Investigator-initiated industry-sponsored projects are also eligible, but written proof of investigator-initiated status is required
- Industry-initiated studies are not eligible
- Requested tests must be reported on the participant's Mayo medical record, and therefore must be performed by clinical laboratories/departments
- Funding is not available for tests which are primary research-related protocol outcomes
- Up to $10,000 per protocol per year