ResearchMatch for Mayo Researchers
Access to ResearchMatch is granted on a study-by-study basis; that is, investigators must individually register each study. Registration takes only a few minutes and you must complete the process in one sitting.
There are two levels of access available to Mayo investigators: feasibility access and recruitment access.
Note: Investigators may sign up themselves in ResearchMatch or may delegate recruitment privileges to a "proxy" (study coordinator or other study team member).
CCaTS has prepared tutorials to aid research team members in the use of ResearchMatch, and template language for the IRB.
Feasibility access gives you the ability to view aggregate data on the registry population without an Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved protocol. To register a study for feasibility access, you must:
- Be affiliated with Mayo Clinic
- Provide your institutional contact information (i.e., your Mayo email address)
- Create a ResearchMatch user name and password
Recruitment access gives you the ability to recruit volunteers through ResearchMatch. To register a study for recruitment access, you must meet same access requirements as for Feasibility Access. In addition, for each study you want to recruit for, you must:
- Upload an electronic copy of your IRB minute item citing approval for recruitment method (ResearchMatch) and the specific email language to be used
- Be the principal investigator (PI) or an individual who is authorized to recruit for the study on behalf of the PI
Note: Individuals accessing as a proxy for the PI will be asked to indicate that, and to provide the study PI's name, email address and phone number.