Office of Clinical Trials
The Office of Clinical Trials seeks to maintain and develop strategic alliances and preferred partnerships with study sponsors with the objective of attracting high-impact trials to Mayo Clinic to provide solutions and hope to Mayo patients.
Mayo Clinic has a long history of excellence in clinical research and expertise in clinical trials, and the Office of Clinical Trials will provide an unparalleled experience as the most trusted partner for clinical trials along the clinical trials lifecycle.
To inspire hope and contribute to health and well-being by providing the best support to develop, activate, conduct and translate clinical trials.
- Facilitate an efficient pre-activation timeframe for document ready protocols
- Use project management processes to maintain the progress of pre-activation activities among the involved research business units to ensure that studies meet the activation timeline
- Serve as a central liaison for industry sponsors as they work with Mayo Clinic Research, responding to questions and concerns as well as facilitating research opportunity discussions
- Serve as a trusted central resource for research study teams with integrated tools to not only facilitate the activation process, but also guide and answer questions related to clinical trial activities, driving first-time quality in research to translate clinical trials for Mayo investigators and industry partners
- Become recognized as the most trusted site for conducting high-quality clinical trials for patients, industry, federal agencies, foundations and investigators
The Office of Clinical Trials aligns with the Mayo Clinic strategic goal to transform the practice and operational goal to strengthen clinical trials, sponsor team science and advance entrepreneurship. Additionally, clinical trials are a perfect example of the alignment of discovery science with the unmet needs of the practice to speed the translation of new science into practice.
The office facilitates integration among business units, ensures timely activation of studies, provides focused consultation and assistance to study teams with navigating the activation system, and ensures that the benefits thereof are sustained over time.
Mayo Clinic's values, specifically teamwork, are reflected within the organization of this office. This will value the contributions of all, blend the skills of individual staff members, and bring all clinical trials resources together with a single vision to develop, initiate, conduct and translate quality clinical trials to meet the needs of our patients and the unmet needs of the practice.
Additionally, this enterprise-wide office makes multisite resources available to all investigators and lends research integration to complement practice integration. Additionally, the office allows Mayo Clinic to expand its reach by developing new services for partnerships and business relationships.
Being located in the Mayo Clinic Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS), the Office of Clinical Trials provides close connection between the conduct of trials and translation into practice. The office reflects the scope of the National Center for Advancing Translational Science's (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA), which funds the Mayo Clinic CCaTS.
The NCATS model presents an opportunity for CCaTS through interactions with the office to intentionally integrate the three Mayo campuses to strengthen the sense of accessibility and relevance.
Accelerated activation process
Mayo Clinic works directly with sponsors and CROs to expedite study activation for clinical trials. Staff members in the Office of Clinical Trials work closely with individuals and organizations to expedite study activation and reach the shared goal of achieving study activation in an efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of accuracy.
- Linda J. Sanders, M.S.
- Director of Operations, Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Office of Clinical Trials
- Phone: 507-284-5580
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adil E. Bharucha, MBBS, M.D.
- Director, Office of Clinical Trials
- Chair, Mayo Clinic Research Clinical Trials Subcommittee
- Email: email@example.com