Register today for the Mayo Clinic-Karolinska Institutet 20th Annual Research Meeting
Registration is now open for the Mayo Clinic-Karolinska Institutet 20th Annual Research Meeting, which will be held Sept. 11-12, 2014. Join more than 70 researchers, students, administrators and other professionals from the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden, as they visit Rochester, Minnesota, to exchange research and other best practices in education, research, innovation and administration.
Highlights of the two-day event include:
- Keynote speaker Thomas Helleday, Ph.D., Karolinska Institutet, who pioneered a novel way of treating cancer using PARP inhibitors in BRCA mutated cancer
- Veronique L. Roger, M.D., director of the Mayo Clinic Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery
- Information on international joint grant applications and funding opportunities
- The David H. Murdock Lecture, "Selective Autophagy: Metabolism and Proteostasis Meet in the Lysosome," by Ana Maria Cuervo, M.D., Ph.D., Institute for Aging Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- A conversation with John H. Noseworthy, M.D., president and CEO of Mayo Clinic, and Anders Hamsten, M.D., Ph.D., president of Karolinska Institutet
- Friday Grand Rounds presentation by Anders Ekbom, M.D., Ph.D., one of Karolinska Institutet's leading epidemiologists
- An Innovation Breakfast featuring leaders from both institutions
- A poster reception to encourage networking and open discussions
Breakout sessions will be held in:
- Diabetes and metabolism
- Psychiatry and psychology
- Regenerative medicine
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Autoimmune disorders
- Science of health care delivery
There is no cost to attend, but registration is requested for meal and room planning. Register now for the meeting.
For more information, please email Jacquelyn J. Gosse or Joshua A. Derr.