Office of Health Disparities Research announces 2013 pilot awardees
The Office of Health Disparities Research is pleased to announce these recipients of the 2013 round of Pilot Projects, intended to facilitate research that will lead to extramural funding in health disparities research.
- Thanai Pongdee, M.D.
- Evaluation of Vitamin D Insufficiency and Inner City Asthma Among African-Americans in Jacksonville, Florida
- Carmen Radecki Breitkopf, Ph.D.
- Assessing the Feasibility of End-of-Life Research at Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Veronique L. Roger, M.D.
- Heart Failure Disparity in African-Americans: Role of Negative Affect and Inflammation
- Richard O. White, M.D.
- Motivating Youth at Risk for Obesity Through Multi-Level Community Activation (Mayo-YMCA)
Congratulations to these awardees, and thanks to all who submitted applications for these competitive awards.