Blackboard Learn (Blackboard) is the online learning management system used by Mayo Clinic and the Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS) to deliver many online courses. Blackboard may contain the syllabus, reading material, discussion boards, assignments, quizzes, grades, references, resources and more for each online course.
Note: Links to video tutorials will take you off the CCaTS website.
Before courses begin
- Verifying your Blackboard account and solving log-in problems (PDF)
- Navigating your course (video)
- Checking your grades (video)
- Discussion board: Creating a post (video)
- Discussion board: Creating a new thread (video)
- Discussion board: Replying to a thread (video)
- Discussion board: Organizing threads and printing (video)
- Submitting an assignment (video)
- Taking a test (video)
- Working in groups (video)
Additional resources are available on the Blackboard Learn Help website.
- Using Blackboard. If you have questions about using Blackboard or have problems with course materials (schedules, withdrawals, assignments or assessments), please contact your education coordinator or teaching assistant.
- Requesting virtual private network (VPN) access. You must be on campus or connected by VPN to have full access to all content for CCaTS courses. Request VPN access (must be logged in to the Mayo network).
Technical issues. If you are experiencing technical issues with Blackboard, submit a ticket to the Help Desk (must be logged in to the Mayo network) or call the Help Desk at your campus — Arizona (480-301-3900), Florida (904-953-0369) or Minnesota (507-284-5500).
Users in Mayo Clinic Health System should contact the Help Desk at their campus (must be logged in to the Mayo network).
If you report a Blackboard issue after 5 p.m. on weekdays or anytime during the weekend, it may not be resolved until the next business day.