Blackboard Learn (Blackboard) is the online learning management system used by Mayo Clinic and the Center for Translational Science Activities (CTSA) to deliver many online courses. Blackboard may contain the syllabus, reading material, discussion boards, assignments, quizzes, grades, references, resources and more for each online course.
Note: Links to video tutorials will take you off the CTSA website.
Before courses begin
Learning how to use Blackboard
- Navigating your course (PDF)
- Checking your grades (video)
- Discussion board: Creating a post (video)
- Discussion board: Creating a new thread (video or PDF)
- Discussion board: Replying to a thread (video or PDF)
- Discussion board: Organizing threads and printing (video)
- Submitting an assignment (video or PDF)
- Taking a test (video)
- Working in groups (video)
Additional resources are available on the Blackboard Learn Help website.
- Using Blackboard. If you have questions about using Blackboard or have problems with course materials (schedules, withdrawals, assignments or assessments), please contact your education coordinator or teaching assistant.
- Accessing Blackboard from home. If you have difficulty accessing Blackboard from your home computer, visit the Blackboard page on the Education Technology Center intranet site (must be logged in to the Mayo network) or contact the Help Desk at your campus.
Technical issues. If you are experiencing technical issues with Blackboard, submit a ticket to the Help Desk (must be logged in to the Mayo network) or call the Help Desk at your campus — Arizona (480-301-3900), Florida (904-953-0369) or Minnesota (507-284-5500).
Users in Mayo Clinic Health System should contact the Help Desk at their campus (must be logged in to the Mayo network).
If you report a Blackboard issue after 5 p.m. on weekdays or anytime during the weekend, it may not be resolved until the next business day.