Mayo Clinic Interactive Surgery Symposium
February 10 -
2013 - Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, Waikoloa, Hawaii (Big Island)
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Define the controversy and discuss the evidence on achieving negative margins in breast cancer surgery.
- Review current data supporting use of mesh to prevent parastomal hernias.
- Define indications for completion axillary node dissection.
- Interpret the current indications for surgical intervention in diverticulitis patients.
- Recognize the indications for additional surgical intervention in occult gallbladder cancer discovered during cholecystectomy.
- Identify patient with coagulopathy disorder and administer direct treatment to correct the disorder.
- Implement earlier plasma resuscitation in hemorrhagic shock to increase patient's chance for recovery.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.