Southwest Laryngology and Voice Rehabilitation Conference - "Live Course"
April 4 -
2014 - Mayo Clinic Education Center, Phoenix, Arizona
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify key components of a complete voice evaluation in diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders
- Differentiate primary from secondary muscle tension dysphonia
- Explain multidisciplinary approach in the care of the professional voice
- Identify anatomy and fundamental techniques in release of myofascial trigger points in muscle tension dysphonia patients
- Identify extrinsic laryngeal muscle anatomy in implementation of circumlaryngeal massage and laryngeal reposturing
- Describe the benefits of transoral laser microsurgery for laryngeal cancer
- Incorporate the treatment of glottic insufficiency and vocal fold paralysis into clinical practice
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.