Current Concepts in Primary Eye Care
October 30, 2014 - Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Stalboerger, Gina M., O.D.
- Softing Hataye, Alaina L., O.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the intricacies of optical coherence tomography (OCT) interpretation
- Distinguish optic nerve drusen from pseudotumor cerebri
- Describe strategies for counseling patients on current retina treatments
- Develop a plan for neuro-ophthalmic emergencies
- Describe implantable telescopes and appropriate patient referrals
- Outline the newest research on blindness and glaucoma
- State updates on cardiac regenerative medicine
- Associate hematological malignancies applicable to the eye
- Compare connective tissue disorders that affect the eye
- Combine visual field defects with MRI data
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.