12th Annual Mayo Clinic Nutrition and Wellness in Health and Disease
September 20 -
2012 - The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Create the approach to patients with obesity, including medical, nutrition, coaching, lifestyle, behavioral, surgical and activity
- Recognize when to refer patients with obesity to specialists
- Address with patients common nutrition and activity topics, including different diets, mindful eating, dietary supplements, functional foods, sports nutrition, physical activity and common sports injuries.
- Describe special nutrition and activity challenges in different populations, including pregnancy, transplant, underweight and elderly.
- Describe the link between nutrition and illnesses, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.