Neurology & Neurologic Surgery
6th Annual Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease Review
September 25 -
2014 - Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, FL
- Barrett, Kevin M., M.D.
- Brown, Suzanne M., R.N.
- Flemming, Kelly D., M.D.
- Freeman, William D., M.D.
- Lanzino, Giuseppe, M.D.
- Mooney, Lesia H., R.N.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the eligibility for intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in acute ischemic stroke
- Identify modifiable stroke risk factors and interventions (e.g., blood pressure control)
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of stroke that prompt emergency evaluation and earlier treatment
- Evaluate the data and outcomes of clinical trials and the impact on treatment options for stroke patients
- Describe recent developments in stroke prevention strategies
- Discuss standard and new treatment options for cerebrovascular diseases
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.