Mayo Clinic offers a range of continuous professional development opportunities addressing neurology and neurosurgery. State-of-the-art lectures highlight emerging trends and developing technology currently utilized in clinical practice. Courses feature nationally and internationally recognized scholars and leaders as renowned faculty who focus on current information of practical value. Learning methods include didactic lectures supplemented with videos, case discussions, simulations and panel discussions.
Course offerings include:
- An update in new trends, relevant techniques, and applications in diagnostic and therapeutic neuroradiology
- Education on the newer interventional therapies available for various neurological and neurosurgical conditions, including the latest in deep brain stimulation and endovascular interventions for cerebrovascular disease
- An intensive review for the physician seeking evidence-based approaches to a broad range of neurologic disorders
- Techniques and applications of diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound in the major joint regions of the body
- A high-yield and broad review of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases, including cerebrovascular physiology and pathophysiology; primary and secondary stroke prevention; acute ischemic stroke evaluation and management; neurocritical care brain aneurysms and vascular malformations; intracranial hemorrhage; and complications of stroke