Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
2015 Selected Topics in Internal Medicine
January 26 -
2015 - The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Maui, HI
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize recent updates, clinical studies and new guidelines that impact practice in general medicine
- Describe the indications and major adverse effects of newly FDA-approved medications that are applicable to a general medicine practice
- List the indications, complications and technique for intra-articular steroid injections
- Review common clinical pearls in the areas of general internal medicine, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, cardiology and pulmonology
- Employ the skills necessary to perform minor dermatologic procedures, injections, point of care ultrasound, read pulmonary function tests, sleep studies and electrocardiograms
- Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.