Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
6th Annual Hospital Medicine for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants (NPPAs)
May 14 -
2014 - Mayo Civic Center, Rochester, MN
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the future of hospital medicine and examine the vital roles nurse practitioners and physician assistants will play in providing care for hospitalized patients.
- Describe a rational approach to assessment and management of the hospitalized patient
- Identify current clinically-oriented, evidence-based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, endocrinology, infectious disease, psychiatry, pulmonology, gastroenterology and hospital medicine
- Initiate appropriate and timely consultation and/or referral
- Describe an approach to rate control and rhythm control strategies in atrial fibrillation
- Describe the FDA-approved uses for novel anticoagulants
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.