Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
5th Annual Hospital Medicine for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
May 15 -
2013 - Kahler Grand Hotel, Rochester, MN
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
Analyze the future of hospital medicine and vital role NP/PAs will provide caring for hospitalized patients.
- Review hot topics in the Hospital Medicine literature
- Evaluate hospitalized patients with underlying psychiatric disorders
- Evaluate hospitalized patients with active GI bleeds
- Evaluate hospitalized patients with a history of bariatric surgery
- Formulate perioperative plans for medically complex patients undergoing surgery
- Recognize common EKG changes discovered in hospitalized patients
- Discuss most up-to-date recommendations for evaluation and treatment of VTE
- Recognize early signs and symptoms of sepsis and be able to treat/triage accordingly
- Recognize and treat patients with acute renal failure
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.