Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
2012 Mayo Clinic in Arizona
Annual Nursing Conference:
Advancing Knowledge for Patient Care
October 5, 2012 - Mayo Clinic Education Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- Curtis, Belinda L., R.N.
- Moniz, Rosemary, R.N.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss new ways to tailor medical and nursing care to meet the needs of individual patients
- Describe the effects of sleep deprivation on work performance
- Review best practices for diabetes prevention and treatment
- Evaluate the use of over the counter drug therapies
Breakout Sessions - Learning Objectives
- Discuss advances in stroke detection and secondary prevention
- Identify the classifications and treatment of heart failure
- Explain the distinguishing features and treatment option of multiple myeloma
- Discuss the clinical signs and symptoms of graft versus host disease and identify appropriate nursing actions
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.