Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
Essentials of HIV Medicine
Global HIV Education Initiative
Mayo Clinic's Global HIV Education Initiative:
- Signifies that Mayo Clinic recognizes and acknowledges the impact of a global pandemic on communities both within the United States and worldwide.
- Exemplifies Mayo's institutional commitment to harness the expertise and experience of its professionals at all Mayo Clinic sites and apply it towards the unmet need of educating and training of the global health care workforce
- Provides a framework for Mayo Clinic staff to develop, fund, and implement HIV education
- Offers a forum for applying Mayo's innovative and visionary approach to education and medical care
- Facilitates the use of modern technology such as telemedicine, e-learning, and distance learning to share the experience and expertise of Mayo Clinic and its partners with the global community
- Promotes interdisciplinary and inter-institutional collaboration on HIV education
Our Mayo Clinic Global HIV Education Initiative team is working to develop and promote HIV education worldwide to improve the quality and outcomes of patient care:
- Janis Blair M.D.
- Julio Mendez M.D.
- Stacey Rizza M.D.
- Zelalem Temesgen, M.D.
If you need more information or have questions about the Mayo Clinic Global HIV Education Initiative, please contact:
Zelalem Temesgen, M.D., Director, Mayo Clinic HIV Global Education Initiative
Marian Hall 5-528
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905