Individualizing Medicine 2013: From Promise to Practice
September 29 -
2013 - Sunday's pre-conference workshop (Mayo Rochester). Monday-Wednesday (Mayo Civic Center)
- Weinshilboum, Richard, M.D.
Guest Course Directors:
- Besser, Richard, M.D.
- Connolly, Ceci
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain practical applications for integrating genomics and pharmacogenomics to individualize patient care
- Discuss strategies to overcome obstacles of implementing genomic sequencing for patient care
- Discuss how to disseminate genomic information to patients through an ethical, legal and regulatory framework
- Using cases, apply knowledge learned to discern whether a patient may benefit from whole-genome or whole-exome sequencing
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.