Clinical Reviews 2014: 25th Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update
March 26 -
2014 - Westin Kierland, Scottsdale, AZ
- Hovan, Michael J., M.D.
- Ressler, Steven W., M.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify common and dangerous causes of tremor
- Review physical exam findings of heart murmurs to help determine the cause
- Review and understand the concept of motivational interviewing for the purpose of improving patient compliance to prescribed therapies
- Review methods for effective cardiovascular disease screening
- Review current guidelines for management of incidentally discovered pancreatic cysts (so-called "incidentalomas")
- Recognize common and rare causes of abdominal bloating and effective therapies
- Identify appropriate indications and contraindications for use of erectile dysfunction medications
- Review risk assessment score for microscopic hematuria to assist in appropriate workup
- Review an update on travel medicine, including key indications for various immunizations and prophylactic medications
- Identify problems related to metal-on-metal hip replacements and indications for removal of these prostheses
- Inform their patients of specific behavior modifications and sunscreen strategies to prevent skin cancers
- Review key opportunities for success for primary care physicians under the Affordable Care Act.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.