Clinical Reviews 2013: 24th Annual Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Update
March 20 -
2013 - Westin Kierland Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the "danger areas" for commonly missed fractures of different body parts
- Diagnose commonly missed entities on musculoskeletal imaging studies
- Combine physical exam with imaging findings to increase diagnostic accuracy
- Review new science about concussions and be able to identify and treat concussions in athletes
- Identify and treat memory disorders
- Recognize and treat cardiovascular disease, specifically Atrial fibrillation, and post stent management
- Review appropriate imaging modalities for cardiovascular risk stratification
- Recognize and evaluate gastrointestinal disorders specifically inflammatory bowel disease, nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis and chronic diarrhea
- Review indications for probiotic use in digestive diseases.
- Recognize hypogonadism and review appropriate treatment options
- Review prostate cancer screening in light of new U.S. Preventative Task Force recommendations
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.