17th Mayo Clinic Endocrine Update
February 26 -
2014 - Westin Kierland Resort, Scottsdale AZ
- Collazo-Clavell, Maria L., M.D.
- Kennel, Kurt A., M.D.
- Richards, Melanie L., M.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the new role for bariatric surgery in the patient with type 2 diabetes
- Recognize limitations to safety and efficacy of hormonal therapy in suspected deficiency states
- Individualize therapy of postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Summarize the evaluation of the patient suspected of having thyroid disease
- Explain the role of the endocrine surgeon in the pre- and postoperative care of the endocrine surgeon
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.