Mucha Symposium on Acute Care and Trauma Surgery
August 8 -
2013 - Leighton Auditorium, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify a surgical emergency requiring rapid transfer to a higher level of care.
- Formulate an appropriate plan of care for a patient with suspected small bowel obstruction.
- Describe strategies for damage control resuscitation in the pre-hospital environment.
- Develop a system for closed-look, action-oriented performance improvement.
- Critique the care of traumatically injured patients at their institution.
- Summarize the factors leading to the successful development of a regionalized care system.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.