Cardiology Update 2014: The Heart of the Matter
July 31 -
2014 - Enchantment Resort Sedona, Arizona
- Scott, Luis R., M.D.
- Chaliki, Hari P., M.D.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Apply the latest cardiovascular guidelines to improve overall morbidity and mortality rates
- Describe practice changes to improve care for patients with obesity and heart disease
- Summarize guidelines to increase preventive care for patients with cardiovascular diseases
- Assess potential usefulness and limitations in the use of personalized genomic data in assessment of cardiovascular risk
- Identify guidelines for operative evaluation of cardiovascular patients undergoing noncardiac surgery
- Review indications, use and limitations of advanced device therapy for congestive heart failure
- Apply current guidelines for nonpharmacologic treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Apply current guidelines for the use of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators
- Describe issues involving the evaluation and treatment of the elderly with syncope
- Identify barrier-preventing application of cardiovascular guidelines
- Explain the choice of antiplatelet agents in patients with coronary artery disease
- Define stem-cell therapy for cardiovascular diseases
- Explain the current indications and contra-indications for transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Recognize the scope of practice of a cardio-oncology clinic
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.