Echo Fiesta: An In-depth Review of Adult Echocardiography for Sonographers and Physicians
May 1 -
2014 - Hyatt Regency Hill Country - San Antonio, TX
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify current 2-D, 3-D, and Doppler methods to assess left ventricular systolic function (left ventricular volumes, ejection fraction, cardiac output, index of myocardial performance)
- Develop an integrated approach to the assessment of valvular stenosis and valvular regurgitation, including quantitative assessment by the proximal isovelocity surface area (PISA) method
- Apply echo imaging and Doppler hemodynamic principles to the systematic assessment of prosthetic heart valves
- Describe the diastolic filling patterns in diverse cardiac disorders including cardiomyopathies, systemic diseases and pericardial disease
- Recognize echocardiographic findings of ischemic heart disease, including clinical applications and interpretation of stress echocardiography and detection of mechanical complications of myocardial infarction
- Define the role of echocardiography in the evaluation and management of the cardiomyopathies
- Recognize the potential of new technology in the field of echocardiography, including 3-D imaging and strain imaging.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.