Heart Failure Management for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Primary Care Providers
March 20 -
2014 - Disney's Boardwalk Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Karon, Barry L., M.D.
- Wagner, Jean A., R.N., C.N.P.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical syndrome of heart failure and who is at risk
- Articulate typical diagnostic testing essential for diagnosis and management of heart failure
- Incorporate appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic strategies for patients across the spectrum of heart failure
- Describe when referral for advanced heart failure therapies is indicated
- Describe treatment strategies to manage symptoms when conventional therapies have been exhausted
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.